m0ntassar Weblog
ff

11 octobre 2007

Last night ...


My old IBM Aptiva (P I 233 MMX | 196 Mo SDRAM | 2 Gb HD 5200 t/s) is back to life running xubuntu 7.04, codename Feisty Fawn
I'm using it as a home web server / reverse proxy (my end of studies project) and I'm planning to bring it online, so that I can access my files on my home network from Internet.

Next steps are :

  • Fix some security issues
  • Buy/Make a new cooling system(Liquid ?!) for both machines because the standard fans I use now are too loud and not that efficient
  • Install some web based apps to easily access my files, to stream media ( I'm already thinking about broadcasting my web cam live on my blog :D ) ...
  • Configure my rooter and a dyndns like service to make all this available from internet

Aucun commentaire:

Qui êtes-vous ?

this is Montassar"s profile
Journal d'un Tunisien qui rêve d'un avenir meilleur. Journal d'un Tunisien sera une collection de notes dans lesquelles je commenterais mon quotidien et j'exprimerais mes opinions par rapport à tout ce qui se passe autour de moi, se sera aussi un espace où je partagerais mes petites trouvailles du web et d'ailleurs.
Afficher mon profil complet

Je soutiens